Who doesn’t like to add some sea to their diet? Well not literally, don’t go drinking sea water, what I meant is sea food. For me given the choice between fish and shellfish I will always prefer shellfish. Not only they taste good, they are easy on the stomach and filled with lots of minerals.
Today I am going to make simple recipe of shrimp with honey and broccoli yet another health friends vegetable, but before this let’s have two minutes silence for those who are allergic to prawns and shrimps.
Honey Garlic Shrimp is one of my many favorite Chinese dish for the fact that it easy to make and is ready within 15 minutes also there is just 10 simple ingredients required to make this healthy dish. Let’s start the preparation…
Medium Sized Shrimp (peeled and de-veined) ——————- 500 grams.
Broccoli Florets —————————————————————– 1 cup.
Olive Oil ————————————————————————– 1 tbsp.
For the Sauce
Honey —————————————————————————- 4 tbsp.
Garlic Minced —————————————————————— 1 tbsp.
Ginger Minced —————————————————————- ½ tbsp.
Soy Sauce Low Sodium —————————————————— 3 tbsp.
Spring Onion (for garnish) ————————————————– 2 tbsp.
Salt ———————————————————————————— t.t.
Pepper ——————————————————————————– t.t.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl and whisk it properly.
- Place broccoli florets in a small bowl, add little water and steam in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and add half of the marinade and stir it properly so that the marinade is mixed with the shrimp, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 24 hours (depends on you) after transferring the mixture to zip lock bag.
- Refrigerate the rest of the marinade after covering it with cling wrap.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and then add the shrimp. Sear the shrimp on one side for 50 seconds until it is cooked then flip it over and cook for another 50 seconds.
- Add the remaining marinade, broccoli and cook it for another 1 minute on low flame, mix well to combine.
- Garnish it with chopped spring onion.
- Serve it on top of brown or white rice or on side of noodles or side of veggies.
- Make sure the pan is hot before adding the shrimp, as it cooks easily.
- Leave the tail on of the shrimp if you wish.
- To save time cook the rice and the broccoli when the shrimp is marinating.
- Make sure the shrimp is cleaned and de-veined thoroughly.
- Don’t overcook the broccoli, it should be crunchy.