Chicken Roulade is very simple, easy and fun to make. There are varieties of option you can use to make it creative. To boost the flavor and taste you can add elements of sweet and savory fillings. Mostly roulade is made in olive oil which makes it a perfect combination of nutritive meal with the goodness of olive at the same time very tasty.
The recipe is quick and comfortable to make, the ingredients is easily available so there is no problem in making this healthy meal at home. So Happy Making…
|Boneless Chicken – 2 Nos.||Cheese Slice – 4 Pieces.|
|Spinach – 300 Grams.||Garlic Flakes (Fresh) – 3 nos.|
|Dried Apricot – 12 nos.||Salt – as per requirement|
|Pepper – as per requirement||Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoon|
Method of Preparation
- Blanch the spinach, drain the water and keep it aside
- Take the breast piece and beat it with a mallet after placing it in between two sheet of plastic wrap or into a Ziploc bag, flatten it as thin as possible but should not tear apart, thickness should be 3 mm.
- Put the olive oil in the pan and stir fry the garlic (chopped) add the spinach, salt & pepper toss gently and transfer it in a bowl to cool down.
- Slice the spinach and the spread it on the breast piece uniformly, next arrange cheese slice over it and top it with chopped apricot (you can also use ham and other dry fruit if you want).
- Now roll the breast piece from the wider side to make it in the shape of cylinder, roll it in the cling film so the chicken is firm and tight, tie knot on both side of the roll, Thread can also be used to roll the chicken, make sure the fillings are intact and try to roll is as tight as possible.
- Poach the roll in hot water at 85 degree for 20 min and immediately put it in an ice cold water after removing it from hot water (shocking)
- Heat the grill pan and very lightly brush it with olive oil, after the pan is hot put the chicken in the pan and grill it fro 2-3 min on each side before flipping. Grilling should be done uniformly on all the side.
- Brush with olive oil to retain moisture and transfer it to a tray, let it rest for 5-7 min, as this will help in getting firm and neat slices.
- Slice it in half inch slices and serve it with crunchy salad and any of your favorite sauce.
Tips & Suggestion
- You can you cheese and filling of your choice.
- You can bake, grill in the oven or steam or poach.
- You can use sauce and other accompaniments of your liking.